How can personalized tuition management be useful for all students?
By definition, the term tuition refers to teaching an individual or a small number of students. The popular public notion is that tuitions are only meant for students who are weak in studies and need help in coping with their syllabus to secure passing marks. But in the current system of education, where schools follow a very intensive curriculum, tuition management has become applicable to every student, regardless of their academic excellence.
In today’s world of extreme competition, online distractions, and a shortage of time, private tuition meaning has changed. The following sections explain why tuition management a practical option for all students is.
Too much load at school
- With the changes in school syllabi, the load of subjects has increased tremendously on the students. In such a scenario, almost all students feel the pressure of studies and tuition management is a very practical way to ease this pressure.
- What tuition means for students is not only help with studies but also developing a deeper understanding of a particular subject. If the student has a keen interest in some chosen subjects, then it is a great idea to enroll that student in private tuitions. In this way, the concepts will be cleared better, and the student will develop an inherent interest in those subjects.
Help with difficult/ non-interesting subjects
- While some subjects in a curriculum may be interesting for a student, the rest of them might not be, and it is natural for the student to be disinterested in those subjects. In such cases, home tuitions for the non-interesting subjects may help the students to complete the curriculum in a better way.
- A few years ago, only the students in medical or engineering stream had to give entrance examinations for higher education. However, these days, securing a seat in good educational institutes after schooling in any stream often requires clearing competitive entrance examinations. The range of topics covered in entrance exams might require the help of a private tutor.
Best use of time
- Because of too much academic load, the students are unable to devote a lot of time for any one particular subject. This leads to stress and poor concentration. Private tuitions ensure that the students gain maximum knowledge in the limited time allotted to them. Therefore, the student does not waste time and grasps the concepts better.
Lesser parent supervision required
- These days, most of the families have a nuclear set-up and both the parents have jobs. In many cases, the child returns home earlier than the parents. The parents then worry that the child will not devote enough time to study in their absence. If the private tutor is good, then the parents do not have to worry about it because the tutor will make sure that the child progresses timely. The effect of having a good home tuition will be reflected in the child’s performance at school.
Written by Dr MS Khan
Top Educational Articles for students and Parents.